Charter Date: 23rd May 2000
Charter Members: 26
Charter President: Peter Adelakun (late)
Amid the affluence of city life, the poor is always with us. In support of the policy against destitution, rotary club of Wuse central has periodically provided support to the needy from the donation of food, clothes, basic medication shelter for orphanages & a leprosarium to providing potable water for rural villages. AWARDS WUSE CENTRAL
- Rotary International district 9130 Nigeria recognition award as the 2nd best club in promotion of rotary year 2000-2001.
- Rotary International district 9130 Nigeria recognition award as the best club in district financial support for rotary year 2000-2001.
- Rotary International district 9130 recognition awards as the best club for international service program 2001/2002 rotary year.
- Rotary International district 9130, Nigeria district governor’s recognition for the best and most elaborate community project in the district, 2003/2004 rotary year.
- Lead the way certificate for executing a major project in the lead the way rotary year.
- Lead the way certificate for being the first in the district towards contribution to The Rotary Foundation.
- Lead the way presidential citation for efforts to lead the way to a better future given by rotary international president W.B.Boyd
- First club to pay District dues in the newly created District 9125 in year 2009.
The following awards were received during the 2012/2013 Rotary year:
- District Award: award for being the Largest Club in District 9125
- District Award: award for being the first club to pay its District Dues for the Rotary year
- District Award: award for being the most supportive Rotary Club in District 9125for the rotary year.
- District Award: Special recognition to the Rotary Club of Wuse Central for sponsoring and chartering a new club Rotary Club of Abuja City & Abuja Jabi lakeside in the Rotary Year 2012-2013
- District Award: Special award to the Rotary Club of Wuse Central for being the second highest Club contributor to The Rotary Foundation during the Rotary year 2012-2013
- District Award: Special award to DS Ayoola Oyedokun of Rotary Club of Wuse Central in recognition for being the Most Outstanding Rotarian for the Rotary year 2012-2013
- Rotary International recognition as the 1st 100% PHF Club in District 9125 Nigeria
- RI President Award in grateful appreciation for contributions made in membership development by bringing in the most new members in District 9125 during 2012-13.
CLUB OFFICIALS 2019/2020
|PRESIDENT||Mohammed Dan-Hassan (PHF)|
|VICE PRESIDENT||Stephen Agusa (PHF)|
|PRESIDENT ELECT||Gabriel Nkup Tseyen (PHF)|
|SECRETARY||Tomola Omosehin Emaleku (PHF)|
|TREASURER||Theresa Ngozi Agboegbulem (PHF|
|IPP / CHAIR MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE||Olufemi Adegoke (PHF)|
|CLUB ADMIN SERVICES||John Olanrewaju Ajagbe (PHF)|
|VOCATIONAL SERVICES||Glory Omonsomwon Idehen (PHF)|
|COMMUNITY SERVICES||Clement Olanrewaju Afolabi (PHF)|
|INTERNATIONAL SERVICES||Albert Kelong Alkali (PHF)|
|YOUTH SERVICES||Jasmine Ifeoluwa Opaleye (PHF)|
COUNCIL OF PAST PRESIDENTS
|Name of President||Rotary Year||Year theme|
|Peter Adelokun (Late)||1999/2000||Act with consistency, credibility continuity|
|Sarah Sanda||2000/2001||Create awareness, take action|
|Chidi Onuogu||2001/2002||Mankind is our business|
|Emeka Emeh||2002/2003||Sow the seeds of love|
|Lawrence Okwor||2003/2004||Lend a hand|
|Ja’faru Ugbodaga||2004/2005||Celebrate Rotary|
|Oritseweyimi Ogbe||2005/2006||Service above self|
|Uche Okwuonye||2006/2007||Lead the way|
|Henry Akhile||2007/2008||Rotary shares|
|Henry Akhile||2008/2009||Make dreams real.|
|Ijeoma Ohale||2009/2010||The future of rotary is in our hands|
|Chris Umeh||2010/2011||Building communities, bridging, continents|
|Ayo Oyedokun||2011/2012||Reach Within To Embrace Humanity|
|Femi Adegoke||2012/2013||Peace Through Service|
|Maureen Machie||2013/2014||Engage Rotary, Change Lives|
|Nicholas Emeye||2014/2015||Light up Rotary|
|Theodore Maiyaki||2015/2016||Be A Gift To The World|
|Fonahanmi Idris||2016/2017||Rotary Serving Humanity|
|Ifeanyi Uzoigwe||2017/2018||Rotary Making A Difference|
|Olufemi Adegoke||2018/2019||Be The inspiration|
|Mohammed Dan-Hassan||2019/2020||Rotary Connects the world|
Meeting Day: We meet every Mondays except national public holidays
VENUE: New Chelsea Hotel, Central Business District, Near Diamond Bank & Metro Plaza Abuja-FCT Nigeria. TIME: 7.30pm for 8.30 pm We love visitors and look forward to receiving you. Ask for the Director of Club Service – Chidi Onuogu or call (08060779991, 08036853663, 08033046172)